Food Integrity Now in 2014
Happy New Year from Food Integrity Now.
We are starting our year off with some great guests. In January, we will talk with Joel Salatin about his upcoming documentary, Polyface Farms, which is a model farm for sustainability and Dr. David Perlmutter will be joining us to talk about his best-selling book, Grain Brain.
We are so excited about our plans to create a dining out food guide for Food Integrity Now. This year, we will be reviewing some of the best organic and sustainable restaurants in the country. We are in the process of creating a “Zagat-type” listing of restaurants and how they rate as far as organics and GMOs. This will be very helpful to many when dining out across the country. Please email email@example.com to nominate a restaurant in your area for consideration to be included in our Food Integrity Now Dining Out Guide.
2013 was a great year for food activism and education. We interviewed some of the best food experts in the world on the show. You can still listen to any of these great shows by going to the blog. We hope you enjoyed listening to our podcasts with guests like:
- Dr. Vandana Shiva, scientist, philosopher, author, environmentalist and food activist who supports the movement for peace and sustainability
- Sally Fallon Morell, President of the Weston A. Price Foundation and best-selling author
- Dr. Judy Carman, author of the GMO Pig Study
- Jim Gerritsen, representing the lead plaintiff in OSGATA v. Monsanto case
- Hossca Harrison, Philopsher, Mystic, Teacher and Medium discussing the consciousness and energy of GMOs
- Colin O’Neil, Director of Government Affairs for the Center for Food Safety, taking about Frankenfish
- Vernon Hershberger, a man standing up for food justice in the high-profile raw milk case
- Taggart Siegel and Jon Betz, filmmakers, talking about their new upcoming documentary, Seed: The Untold Story
- Dr. Margaret Flowers, Pediatrician, and founder of Flush the TPP, talking about the Trans-Pacific Partnership
- Dr. Stephen Sinatra, author of The Great Cholesterol Myth and The Great Cholesterol Myth Cookbook
- Nora Gedgaudas, Author of Primal Body, Primal Mind, Beyond the Paleo Diet
- Dr. Richard Palmquist, DVM, talking about GMOs in pet food and holistic veterinary medicine
- Birke Baehr, Food Activist and best known for his amazing TEDx talk at age 12
- Dr. Helen Caldicott, radiation and Fukushima expert
- Dr. Russell Blaylock, Retired Neurosurgeon talking about excititoxins, vaccines, fluoride and geoengineering
- Food Babe, Vani Hari, Food Blogger and activist who took on Kraft and other corporations demanding food integrity
- Dr. William Davis, author of the best-selling book, Wheat Belly
- Diana Reeves, Founder of GMO Free USA
- Meadow Linn, Author of The Mystic Cookbook
- Harry Stoddart, Farmer and Author of Real Dirt, An Ex-Industrial Farmers Guide to Sustainable Eating
- Senator Maralyn Chase, C0-Chair of Yes on Washington’s labeling I-522
- Paul Frey, Winemaker at Frey Wines and organic and biodynamic winery
- Pamm Larry, Initiator of Prop 37 in California, talking about the Washington State I-522
- Mark McAfee, Owner of Organic Pastures, talking about raw milk
- Forest Shomer, Seed Saving Expert, talking about the importance of seed saving
- Gary Conway, Owner of Carmody McNight Winery talking about Frankenwine
- Fred Kaufman, Author of Bet The Farm, How Food Stopped being Food
- Lyndia and Lance Leonard, Founders of Whale and Dolphin Watch, talking about taking on the U.S. Navy and their sonar
- Tom Philpott, Food and Ag Blogger for Mother Jones, talking about the risks of eating imported seafood
Thank you all for listening and being a part of the Food Integrity Now family. Together we can make a difference! Don’t forget to like us on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/fintegrity.
Happy, Healthy New Year!
Food Integrity Now is all about education. If you would like to donate $10.00 to assist us with costs, click on the Donate button below. Thank you!
This is exciting…something I have said many times that we need. I would like to nominate all restaurants in the Tucson, AZ area. Thank you for your commitment.
Rebecca, please be specific with your restaurants so we can check them out for organics and GMOs. Send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org